Calera, AL 35040
Job Description and responsibilities-
To perform electrical and instrumentation inspections, repairs and rebuilds on all plant operating equipment to ensure continuous operation within the required quality control standards. This role is critical to achieving Plant OEE and Equipment Availability goals by elimination of unplanned stops and extended down times. Incumbents in the position are required to participate in company-sponsored training and certification programs to ensure that their job knowledge and skills meet evolving company standards.
- Must comply with company, state and governmental health and safety regulations at all times
- Must complete and document Workplace Inspections in a timely manner
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance checks and report findings (both verbally and in writing)
- Must participate in the work order initiation process when required
- Must ensure all inventory parts are correctly charged from Stores as per procedures
- Must possess a good knowledge of power distribution systems
- Must be well versed in the installation, maintenance, and adjustment of transformers
- Must be able to perform low voltage and high voltage terminations
- Must be capable of performing maintenance on switchgear up to 4160 volts
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and maintaining all types of starters
- Must be able to perform basic electrical calculations
- Must be able to perform tasks with all electrical test equipment (volt meters, meggers, current generators, loop calibrators, etc)
- Must be able to fabricate and install conduit
- Must be able to perform soldering operations
- Must be able to test, troubleshoot and repair AC/DC motors and drives
- Must be able to install and align electrical motors
- Must be able to troubleshoot and maintain motor control circuits and air dryers
- Must be able to maintain and replace control valves, actuators and positioners
- Must be proficient in the use of precision measuring tools (micrometers, dial indicators, etc)
- Should possess some knowledge of the CMMS System and be willing to correctly complete work orders and checklist including signing and dating
- Must be familiar with thermography and fully understand the uses
- Must be able to troubleshoot and perform repairs to hydraulic/pneumatics systems
- Must be able to perform troubleshooting and repairs on Gas Analyzers
- Must be able to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cameras and monitors
- Must be able to troubleshoot and maintain variable speed drives
- Must be able to troubleshoot, adjust and maintain PLC’s
- Must be able to troubleshoot, calibrate and maintain belt-weighing devices, pressure-sensing devises, temperature-sensing devices, motion sensing devices, flow meters, flow control valves, and level indicators.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Completion of an apprenticeship program, technical program, or equivalent experience in industrial background.
Preferred Education: Associates Degree in industrial electrical technology.
3-5 years electrical experience. Completion of an apprenticeship program, technical program, or equivalent experience in industrial background.
Preferred Experience: Previous heavy manufacturing and/or mining experience is highly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.