Food Quality Technician
Nashville, TN 37202
Food Quality Technician Job Duties and Requirements:
- Performing a variety of tests or other QA tasks to help provide top quality and safe products that meet food production requirements and specifications
- Performing daily product inspection, sampling collections for micro testing, co-packers, and in-house retains (holds)
- Performing product testing, including: Seal integrity testing, Measuring water activity (Aw Testing), Product weight control evaluation, Vitamin C testing, DOD testing, HACCP, and allergen control testing
- Ensuring daily scale verification is being followed
- Verifying product lot codes and check weigher settings
- Monitoring Kosher/non-Kosher processes (color code) and production schedule
- Performing QA record retention
- Observing employees, the facility, and production processes for compliance to GMP policies
- Keeping shelf life samples organized and disposing of the expired ones
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of work area
- 6 months to 1 year in food or pharmaceutical manufacturing and quality, preferred
- 1 to 4 years of QA/QC lab/line tech experience (This can include laboratory experience associated with obtaining science-related degree)
- PC proficiency in Windows-based applications
- Ability to lift a minimum up to 50 pounds on occasion
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image
- Working knowledge of established food safety regulations, good manufacturing practices (GMP s), and high-speed packaging operations, strongly preferred
- Position is Possible Temp To Hire!
Shift Times: 5 AM - 1: 30 PM, 8 AM - 5 PM, 2: 45 PM - 12: 45 AM, and 4 PM - 2 AM
Pay Rate: $14 per hour, plus shift differential and great benefits!
To start the application process, please visit our website at www.apstemps.com, or you may come to our office located at:
2510 Murfreesboro Road, Suite 4
Nashville, TN 37217
If you choose to complete your application online, please call or text us immediately at (615) 361-8806 to set up your personal interview. Like us on FaceBook (facebook.com/apsnashville) and send us a message. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to finish the application process, you will need to come to our office for an interview. Please bring with you a copy of your resume (if you have one) and the proper documentation for I-9 purposes.
At Automation Personnel Services, Inc., you'll get a weekly paycheck, learn new skills, meet new people, and work with a great management team in a safe environment. We offer great benefits - vacation and holiday pay, along with healthcare benefits and 401K. There is also a potential for bonuses!
Drug Screen Required
Must be 18 years or older
Valid documentation required to complete the Federal I-9 process
Equal Opportunity Employer