Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal workpieces.
* Observe machine operations to detect any problems; make necessary adjustments to correct problems, report any problems to supervisor and obtain new equipment if necessary.
* Activate machine start-up switches to grind, lap, hone and debar workpieces, according to specifications.
* Lift and position workpieces, manually or with hoists, and secure them in hoppers or on machine tables, faceplates, or chucks, using clamps.
* Participates in other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* 3+ years experience (preferred)
* background and drug screen required
* Varying standing and sitting for extended periods of time throughout the day.
* Occasional lifting, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching.
* Exposure to varying environments including loud, hot and smoke-filled areas
Pay starts at $11 per hour. After successful 90 day probationary period is completed, worker may be hired as full time employee and pay may increase.
Hours - Monday - Thursday 7:00 - 5:00 (overtime is required)
You may start the application process on our website, www.apstemps.com. Once you have completed the online application please contact our branch at the number below to set up an interview. Please bring unexpired documents/forms for the I-9 process.
Automation Personnel Services
11445 Coursey Blvd. Ste Q
Baton Rouge, La 70815
Physical, background and drug screen required!
Equal Opportunity Employer