Houston, TX 77001
Compensation: Pay Rate Depending on Experience $12-$15 per hour, depending on experience Monday- Friday 8: 00AM to 5: 00PM
Temp to Hire Position
Lead packer (West Houston)
Essential Job Duties
- Will lead 3-4 packers.
- Packages all sizes, at each standard speed rate for each size to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Assures Kettle Foods package code and quality requirements are met.
- Stacks cases of finished product on pallets and transports empty and finished pallets.
- Supplies empty cases and trays to packers.
- Completes pallet record sheets and code verification sheets correctly.
- Performs line changeovers and cleanup duties.
- Performs code changeovers and verifies proper code usage.
- Communicates frequently with lead, supervisor or manager; other material handlers, machine operators and warehouse employees.
- Communicates equipment failures and process improvement.
- Occasionally performs other duties at the finished and raw chip inspection conveyor removing off-grade product.
- Assists with line cleans, work area clean ups and pack tables during down time.
- Consistently adheres to good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures, and safety regulations.
- May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledgeable of coding and case taper functions/maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and Safety Regulations.
- Knowledgeable of package coding requirements and quality standards.
- Ability to perform tasks independently and as part of a team to accomplish production goals.
- Efficient stacking of boxes and use of pallet jacks.
- Accurate completion of cleanups and changeovers.
- Accurate completion of paperwork.
- Effective math skills and basic computer skills.
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels within the company.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack.
- Ability to work in a safe manner in a production environment with safety hazards.
- Ability to construct cases and fill cases with required number of bags.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of times.
- The ability to reach, bend, lift, and sometimes stand on a stepstool.
- Able to work in various climate conditions.
If you are interested in this position, please apply today!
Qualified candidates may apply in person at:
Automation Personnel Services
9630 Westheimer Rd, Suite #700 (Randall s Shopping Center)
Houston, TX 77063
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We accept applications Monday- Friday from 8am- 3pm.
Equal Opportunity Employer