Logistics Coordinator Needed in Decatur, AL
Decatur, AL 35602
Shift: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Pay Rate:$15.00 per hour
- Interface with plant engineers and management on shutdowns and special projects.
- Monitor and maintain trans-load yard inventory and remote warehouse inventory to ensure that customer shipments or deliveries are not affected.
- Coordinate with sales and marketing team regarding concerns in logistics, inventory, and delivery to customers.
- Communicate with customer on a regular basis to ensure that the commitments are fulfilled and communicate with customer to inform them about any deviation from committed service parameters.
- Oversee finished goods shipping and raw material receiving, documentation, inventory and recordkeeping.
- Perform and review month end inventory reconciliation of finished goods, raw materials, chemicals and additives, packing consumables etc.
- Maintain railcar fleet location inventory of loaded and empty railcars with outside railcar storage facilities and management of fleet maintenance records and status.
- Responsible for verification and approval of all freight and trans-loading invoices.
Responsible for the generation of all daily, monthly inventory reports and daily updates of railcar allocation status.
- Manage consumables planning for all packing requirements (bags/ties/etc).
- Maintain relationships with customers and trucking companies for scheduling deliveries, changes, inquiries, cancellations and additional requested documentation.
- Generate and circulate reports in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint to monitor and highlight the performance of the department in terms of shipment efficiency, perfect shipments, packaging cost, empty railcar monitoring.
- Follow Plant and Personal Safety Programs and Safe Work Practices. Individual will not take unnecessary risks to complete job assignments. Ensure safe work and operation of equipment is being performed by subordinates.
- Follow all applicable Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Quality and Food safety guidelines and LOG/SOPs set forth by the company and verify they are being followed by all subordinates. Ensure quality and food safety standards are being met.
- 4 yr college degree in a logistics related field preferred or equivalent experience in addition to the below requirements
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a position dealing with at least 700 to 800 incoming and outgoing shipments every month.
- Experience in logistics function for manufacturing & industrial marketing goods will be an advantage.
Drug Screen and background required
You may start the application process on our website, www.apstemps.com. Once you have completed the online application please contact our branch at the number below to set up an interview. Please bring unexpired documentation for the I-9 process.
Automation Personnel Services
2019 6th Avenue, SE Suite 5
Decatur, AL 35601
Great benefits, Vacation Pay, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K
Equal Opportunity Employer