Chattanooga, TN 37401
Automation Personnel Services has immediate openings for MIG Welders for a manufacturer in Chattanooga, TN.
In this role, you will primarily MIG weld structural steel.
All positions are temporary to hire.
$14.00 per hour
Schedule and Hours:
1st shift, 6:00 A.M. Until 2:30 P.M., Monday through Friday, with overtime required.
MIG Welder Job Description:
- Set up and operate gas welding machines to weld metal parts according to work orders, blueprints, schematics layouts and/or verbal instructions.
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- Follow blueprints to meet product specifications and maintain tight tolerances.
- Read tape measure and determine appropriate measurements.
- Set up and operate all phases using clamps, fixtures and torches working to specified tolerances.
- Join, fabricate, and repair metal and other weldable material by using appropriate welding techniques.
- Set gas gauges to set the flow rate of shield gas.
- Inspect completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- Clean parts to remove contamination prior to welding.
MIG Welder Job Requirements:
- Complete weld test to be considered for placement.
- Experience with an oxygen torch.
- Experience with an overhead crane.
- Drug screen and background check.
Complete a lifting assessment.
Please bring unexpired documentation for I-9 processing.
Like us on Facebook (facebook.com/apschattanooga) and send us a message.
Automation Personnel Services is located at:
Shallowford Commons Complex
6116 Shallowford Rd
Chattanooga, TN 37421
423.892.5072 - Call or text to start the application process virtually.
Great benefits to all associates:
Vacation Pay, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K.
We are also offering a $25.00 referral bonus. Both employee and referral must stay on assignment for 30 days to receive payout.
Equal Opportunity Employer