El Cajon, CA 92019
Operation of injection molding machines on a given shift to produce plastic products to specifications, quality specifications, procedures and standards. Set up molding equipment, process, and maintain effective manufacturing to produce parts.
Good mechanical aptitude, knowledge of injection molding mechanics, 2-3 years experience preferred.
Good organization and communication skills
High School diploma or equivalent plus previous molding responsibilities in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Job Functions are the following, but not limited to:
1. Operate injection molding machines to produce specified product to quality and relieve other operators as required.
2. Perform in process inspections for defects; utilizes manual gauges or other instruments to inspect or sort molded product.
3. Remove molded parts from machines assuring standard cycle is met and all parts are cleared from tooling after each cycle.
4. Perform other related tasks as outlined by shift supervisor.
5. Ensure that production floor is properly cleaned, maintained, and organized.
6. Communicate with the other shifts leads the status of parts, equipment and any other matters that might have an impact on their job through verbal and written means.
7. Perform other related duties as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - Requires walking, and on your feet for most of the day. Lifting as required lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. May need to climb stairs/steps periodically. May need to reach above shoulder heights and below the waist.
WORKING CONDITIONS - Noise levels and temperatures may vary due to areas accessed. There is some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals. Protective gear such as ear plugs, masks, gloves, safety glasses, etc. May be required in specific areas or duties.
Shifts: 7: 30 am to 4: 00 pm & 4: 00 pm to 12: 30 am
Equal Opportunity Employer