Houston, TX 77001
Temp to Hire Position
Material Handler (West Houston)
Compensation: Pay Rate $10.00 per hour, Monday- Friday 6: 00AM to 4: 00PM
- Assist assemblers and machine operators by performing duties requiring material handling. Duties include supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Lift raw materials, finish products, and packed items, manually, or using hoist.
- Load and unload items for machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials/ tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Apply hand or foot braked and move levers to lock hoists.
- Move materials to and from storage or production areas by hand or using other equipment.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material needs.
- Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Install protective devises, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift materials and/or product.
- Maintain storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
- Keeps work area clean and neat.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Less than one-year previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience.
- Must regularly lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 150 pounds.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, and bend.
If you are interested in this position, please apply today!
Qualified candidates may apply in person at:
Automation Personnel Services
9630 Westheimer Rd, Suite #700 (Randall s Shopping Center)
Houston, TX 77063
Please forward your resume to email@example.com. We accept applications Monday- Friday from 8am- 3pm.
Equal Opportunity Employer