Pipe Fitter - Welder
Columbia, SC 29201
Automation Personnel Services, Inc is seeking qualified candidates for a Pipe Fitter/Welder position in Columbia, SC area. Starting pay is $17.50 per hour or more depending on experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Obtain specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by welding specifications
- Welds in flat, horizontal, or vertical positions
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Cleans or degreases wed joint or work piece
- Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter
- Positions and clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture
- Identifies area of pipe that require repair, either pre-marked by inspectors, or through visual inspection
- Performs necessary preparatory work by grinding, preheating, or otherwise preparing pipe for welding
- Reviews drawings, diagrams, written specifications and instructions to determine fitting and welding requirements
- Along with other duties as required
The application process may be started online at www.apstemps.com. To start the process, visit our website, and search for jobs, or join our talent network. If you are unable to start the process online, you may call our office to set up an appointment to complete the application process in person.
Automation Personnel Services, Inc.
1350C Bush River Road
Columbia, SC 29210
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws. Engineering and Technical Positions at www.apstechnical.com