3500 Colannade Parkway , Suite 500 Fairburn, GA 30213
The Project Engineer leads the engineering activities related to the design and supply of custom industrial equipment projects.
- Engineering activities include mechanical systems design, equipment sizing and layout, and coordinating with engineering team to complete equipment projects on time and under budget.
- The project engineer will also inspect machines prior shipment, assist with start-up/installation, and troubleshoot field issues as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop contract specific machine General Arrangement and supporting BOM / Assembly / Detail drawings
- Coordinate/advise detail engineers to generate support documentation Resolve technical issues with suppliers during fabrication and assembly
- Inspect equipment prior to shipment, assist with start-up/installation, and troubleshoot field issues
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited school
Work-Related Experience: 5 years’ experience in a technical role.
- Experience in executing CAPEX equipment projects is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated team leadership, ability to prioritize urgent issues/demands, strong attention to detail
- Ability to apply engineering principles and practices in day to day decision making
- Engineering CAD skills a must / AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D preferred, MS Office
- Experience with cost estimating, proposal generation, and field sales support a plus
Strategic Thinker - Develops strategies to achieve goals and understands team's strengths & weaknesses
Business Travel: 10-15 % of time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.