Columbia, SC 29201
As a welder you will be responsible for the following:
1. Obtains specified electrode and inserts an electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun.
2. Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by welding specifications.
3. Starts power supply to produce electric current.
4. Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
5. Strikes (forms) arc, manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining the length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, the sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
6. Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
7. Welds in flat, horizontal, or vertical positions.
8. Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
9. Cleans or degreases weld joint or work piece.
10. Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
11. Positions and clamps work pieces together or assemble them in jig or fixture.
12. Tacks assemblies together.
13. Identifies areas of pipe that require repair, either pre-marked by inspectors, or through visual inspection.
14. Positions pipe on repair rack to facilitate the repair process.
15. Performs necessary preparatory work by grinding, preheating, or otherwise preparing pipe for welding.
16. Level III welder requires minimal if any supervision to carry out the essential functions of the job.
17. Performs other tasks as instructed by supervision.
You may start the application process on our website, www.apstemps.com. Once you have completed the online application please contact our branch at the number below to set up an interview. Please bring documentation for the I-9 process.
Automation Personnel Services
1350C Bush River Road
Columbia, SC 29210
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer